First off, a business that has been successful for 17 years has to be doing something right. Everyone writhing a bad review about this place is crazy! I love the food and the staff is extremely friendly. Truly great mexican food for a low price. I will continue to come to Mi Cocina as long as I continue to live in Colorado.
i cannot belive the comments im reading about this place right now. i have been comming here for a long time now, and everytime its a new good experience, i love their chiles rellenos and fajitas: and now that im 21 i love drinking their margaritas,they are the best.
Don't let a few bad reviews almost a year old discourage you from trying this restaurant. I have been coming to this resataurant for almost 10 years. I have had no issue with the staff, manager, or food. I love the food and believe it is one of the best mexican restaurants in the Littleton area. It is a must try if you are in the area.
Lateral to/from Taco Bell. Don't let the "4 star" reviews get you there. You will be disappointed. Fast & cheap - just like taco bell and no better.
Worst Food Ever!!! Don't do it!.
This place is a friggin dive! In a bad way. Worst food ever!
Stuffed Sopapilla: It is not a friggin sopapilla! It is a store bought tortilla from a bag and deep fried. Disgusting!
Carnitas. Terrible and dry.
Beef Enchiladas: Ground beef with tomato sauce and lots of black pepper.
Don't waste your time and money. The staff could care less if the food they dish up is crap.
Breakfast to Dinner.
I absolutely love their $2.00 breakfast burritos. I always try to stop in if I am in the area to scarf down on their amazing tortilla hugged delights.
Their dinner combination plates are quite good as well. My girlfriend had the Chili Rellano Plate and I had the Tamale plate smothered in green chili. Both of us joined the "Clean-Plate-Club" as it was so good. I really enjoyed the sopapillas. Fluffy, large and sweet with honey and butter. The best way to finish off a Mexican dinner.
The atmosphere is not high class, so hoodies and t-shirt attire is perfect. My girlfriend and I usually stop here after putt putting at Colorado Journey Miniature Golf Course. A local favorite for sure.
I am really excited to go back after just purchasing a coupon from SoBiz10 dot com- yeah!
After recently moving to this area, my fiance stopped by Mi Cocina one evening on the way home from work and picked up a menu. That night was advertised as "Fajita" night, where a fajita entree was on special, if you got an entree you could get a $3 margarita. So- we decided it would be great to check it out that very same evening.
- there were 3 of us in the party. We ordered 2 fajita entrees (they are big) and margarita's, to take advantage of the specials. Our waitress also told us that we'd save an additional 10% if we paid in cash.
- We received our food, which was actually pretty good. However, they would only give us two plates for two entrees, so two of us had to share our plate/meal. OK.
- When we finally got the bill, we did not receive any of the "special" prices. The waitress (who was the same girl who gave my fiance the menu earlier that afternoon) said that the specials had ended two weeks prior to our visit. She never informed him of the changes, or us of that change even after she heard us talking of the specials. Strike One.
- The margarita's, which were supposed to be discounted to $3 if you ordered entrees, were full price because that "special" too had become invalid, even though it was clearly written all over the menu. Strike Two.
- We paid in cash- and I'm sure you'll be surprised with this- there isn't a 10% discount if you pay in cash. Strike Three.
So- when we questioned it, our waitress got irate and yelled that "this isn't on me, it's on my manager"... So- three strike's, Mi Cocina is out. The food was ok, but the service and pricing issues were so horrible I will never eat there again and I would never recommend anyone to have the same experience that I did.
Best Mexican Food In Denver. I am a vegetarian and it is nearly impossible to find good mexican food resturaunts that serve refried beans made without lard and spanish rice made without chicken broth...Mi Cocina does both of these things and the end result is the best tasting refried beans and rice in Denver! If you are looking for great ambiance Mi Cocina is probably not the place for you but if you are looking for great tasting, affordable Mexican food there is simply no better place to eat in Denver than Mi Cocina. Try the chili rellano plate - you won't regret it.
Loved it!. My co-workers and I have been here for lunch and all of us agree this is the #1 spot for Mexican food in Littleton. We loved the fresh chips and salsa!
Mmm Delicioso. If you crave "Mexican Food" you definetely need to visit "Mi Cocina." Chiles rellenos are to die for and the service is outstanding. My friends and I loved it!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!