8308 Church Ranch Blvd, Westminster, CO | Directions 8002139.880333 -105.089367
Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 8:00 pm Saturday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Sunday CLOSED
Neighborhoods: West, West Westminster
I started taking my Rooney to Dr. Pei at Animal Central about 4~5 years ago. Rooney has a rare allergy to human dander and Dr. Pei was instrumental in diagnosing and treating Rooney's allergies. Dr. Pei is wonderful with both of my dogs. And, they love to go to daycare there too! Megan and Debbie are awesome in the daycare!
Long wait, but good – The wait between processes was a bit much. The dogs were getting impatient and the appointment ended up being a total of 61 minutes.
Friendly Staff – I like how friendly The staff is and how They remember us when we walk in. Everyone is so gentle with both of our dogs, we love taking Them here. We love puppy class too.
Knowledgable staff – We had a very very good experience bringing our dog Smokey in here for the first time. Staff was very knowledgable and professional!! Thank you!
Great first visit – Very clean, friendly, vet tech. friendly. Great visit. First impressions are everything. I found our new vet after 40 years with Dr. Chapman. He finally decided to retire.
Awesome – They were awesome! So friendly and loved my pup! Great with him cutting his nails!! Thanks.
They Don't Pay Their Vendors! – Animal Central placed a service call with my company. We came out and diagnosed the problem, which included both labor and material.
We placed collection calls for a one year period with very little response. When Dr. Stroberg did return my call (approx. one year after the service was provided), he claimed we had done the work incorrectly and he refused to pay the invoice. Not once did we receive a call regarding faulty workmanship, faulty equipment or poor customer service.
We cut a deal to pick up the equipment, but were stuck with the labor!
My advice to anyone providing Animal Central with any kind of service - GET YOUR PAYMENT AT TIME OF SERVICE OR THEY WILL COME UP WITH A REASON NOT TO PAY YOU!
After all, they require payment in full from their customers at time of service!
Wish I had checked here first... – Dr. Pei was very good to us, and the staff are generally friendly.... but we won't be going back. In short, we believe Dr. Stroberg (the surgeon) overcharges outrageously, uses scare tactics, and is competent but cares more about his bottom line than the care of the animal.
- In our initial consultation with Dr Pei we were told that 5 lumps on our Miniature Schnauzer would cost about $730 to remove in a written estimate. We were told it probably wasn't necessary unless the lumps increased in size. The lumps grew, and 6 months later we dropped our dog off for surgery, and were told that our "estimate would have to be reviewed with Dr. Stroberg.". Long story short: it ended up costing $1300!
- Insult to injury: we had a protective E-Collar (cone) for our dog once he got home, and the vet tech said it wouldn't be necessary to charge us for one if we brought it to them. Dr. Stroberg disagreed, and insisted on charging us $15.50. This E-Collar ended up tearing into our poor dogs skin because it is fastened with a string, and it was so tight that he couldn't move without it rubbing into him. The dog was in recovery from surgery, they used a collar that hurt him further, and charged us for it!
- Ursula, the woman who runs the front counter, always complains about how busy she is and never returns calls in a timely manner. She took a call while we were there, complained to the people on the phone how busy she was, then got "busy" complaining to me about how loud the bird is. We have repeatedly not received information in a timely manner or when promised, even in urgent situations.
- The last straw was that unfortunately we had an urgent matter w/ our dog again (coughed up blood) and my fiancee hesitantly took him in, only to be hit with a ~$450 diagnostic test series, without options initially. They recommended that we run the full gammet of testing and Dr. Stroberg himself badgered me later for not doing it. We ended up only doing the blood work at a much lower price, but feeling like we might be putting our dog's life at risk. Later, when I asked Dr. Stroberg to explain results in a non-technical manner, he was rude and said "I'm sorry, I thought you wanted to understand what was going on with your dog." After some explanation, he admitted that it was most likely a parasite and a more expeditious route would be to simply give him medication. This likely saved us a couple hundred dollars!
- If you want to judge for yourself, call their phone number. At the time of this writing, if you are put on hold, you might hear an advertisement about how not cleaning your dog's teeth will shorten it's life! Ridiculous.
I hope that you find this useful. Please consider another vet before you go here, or at least ask for Dr. Pei instead, as he was good to us but not the doctor in charge.
After reading this review on another website, he proceeded to chastise my fiancee (not me) for writing this review, and in my opinion, acted childish and unprofessionally.
Beware of Dr. George Stroberg – We brought our dog in because she wasn't able to urinate, although we brought her thinking she couldn't have a bowel movement. Xray's showed her bladder was full, so the doctor advised that we tap the bladder to relieve it, which was the right choice. The problem started immediately after the tap, as our dog was then bent over in pain and could barely move. When she went back for the procedure she was spunky and OK. I truly believe that Dr. Stroberg knew full well what happened as a result of his doing the tap. He prescribed steroids and antibiotics for the pain, which is apparently aggressive. However it was the end of the day and he had better things to do. This happened on a Saturday. It is now Monday and our dog is dead after having been in emergency care since midnight Saturday. She underwent a surgery at 2AM. She passed away at 5:30PM Monday.
I hope that Dr. Stroberg retires soon before he causes another death with his obvious disregard for the well being of his patients. I recommend that you will NOT take your pet to this facility. Their phone number is advertised as 303-469-PETS and they are on Church Ranch road. Their facility is indeed wonderful and their office staff are great. I'm sure they have quality doctors. Dr. Stroberg is well spoken and well reasoned. But the undisputable fact is his actions lead to the death of our family pet. I hope his Saturday evening was worth it.
We will never forget this experience and we will always love our wonderful doggie.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Animal Central on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.